Join Our Team
The world is moving toward more efficient and environment-friendly power generation methods to meet the growing global demand for energy-and we at Capstone intend to take it by storm. We are always looking for creative and ambitious people who want to join us in our pursuit and be part of a team that brings clean and reliable energy solutions to businesses around the world. Advanced engineering and more than 100 patents put Capstone's leading-edge technology in a class of its own.
Capstone provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All resumes should be emailed to email@example.com.
Electrical EngineerVan Nuys, California
Department: Software & Electrical Engineering
Reports To: Director, Product Engineering
Purpose of the Position: Design, fabrication and testing of electronic subsystems used for communication, control, and electrical power generation for Capstone Microturbine systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and select microelectronic subsystems and components, necessary to provide output electrical power from Capstone Microturbines and for overall system control.
- Design cabling for electronics and power interconnections, selecting the appropriate materials and referencing the standards necessary to assure compliance.
- Source and integrate appropriate components compatible with PCBA circuitry and layout.
- Troubleshoot operational issues with PCBA’s related to hardware malfunction, damage, electro-magnetic interference, and grounding.
- Perform computer-aided design of electronics and control electronics subsystems plus the automatic and manual testing of these subsystems.
- Work with supply chain personnel to develop and evaluate external vendors, and to identify alternative parts in support of supply issues and obsolescence concerns.
- Coordinate and provide guidance with appropriate personnel from Engineering and Manufacturing to assure the electronics and control subsystems meet specifications and integrate within the desired Capstone Microturbine System and Subsystem.
- Work closely with Certification to ensure regulatory compliance is maintained.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge and experience in analog and digital circuit design.
- Knowledge and experience with electronic component selection and industry standards / best practices, especially surface mount devices on PCBs.
- Knowledge and experience with PCB layout techniques for noise immunity, circuit design, troubleshooting and EMI filter design.
- Demonstrated capability of schematic design and PCB layout, OrCAD for creating schematics, and PADs are preferred.
- Experience in logic design and VHDL programming for CPLD and FPGA is a plus.
- Solid knowledge and extensive experience in high-speed digital circuit design with microprocessors and DSPs, products from Xilinx, TI and Motorola is a plus.
- Experience with HALT and HASS testing is a plus.
- Familiarity with motor drives and power supply design and test environments is a plus.
- Demonstrated interpersonal abilities to participate positively within a design and production team involving numerous technical disciplines.
- Demonstrated flexibility to handle multiple projects concurrently, leading to effective results and completion.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills - able to lead projects effectively with suppliers and technicians.
- Capability to understand and appreciate mechanical engineering, physical, thermodynamic, and chemical principles important in the design and operation of Capstone Microturbine systems
Education and Experience:
- BSEE with minimum 5+ years hands-on experience in designing and testing microelectronic subsystems.
- Specific experience in the design and testing of microelectronics subsystems for electrical power generation.
Capstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities that the incumbent(s) must possess to successfully perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Capstone Green Energy Corporation has provided the following link to the MRFs for Health Plan Transparency in Coverage: https://www.anthem.com/machine-readable-file