Join Our Team
The world is moving toward more efficient and environment-friendly power generation methods to meet the growing global demand for energy-and we at Capstone intend to take it by storm. We are always looking for creative and ambitious people who want to join us in our pursuit and be part of a team that brings clean and reliable energy solutions to businesses around the world. Advanced engineering and more than 100 patents put Capstone's leading-edge technology in a class of its own.
Capstone provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All resumes should be emailed to email@example.com.
Technical WriterVan Nuys, California
DEPARTMENT: Product Management
REPORTS TO: Director, Product Management
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Responsible for moderate to complex technical documentation tasks and projects with either writing or editing focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, develop and maintain reference documentation (e.g. manuals, procedures, technical specifications, presentations, proposals, etc.) used by customers or staff.
- Translate technical and/or complicated information into clear, concise documents appropriate for various target audiences.
- Work with other departments to produce a wide variety of technical publications.
- Interview subject matter experts and technical staff to collect information, prepare written ext, and coordinate layout and material organization.
- Research information such as drawings, design reports, equipment, and test specifications to fill any gaps.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must demonstrate strong organizational and project management skills.
- Must possess excellent writing and editing skills.
- Must demonstrate technical understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and components.
- Able to manage projects and organize work in an efficient manner in addition to working well under stress and time pressures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, which include Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with multimedia applications and course authoring tools such as
- Inquisiq LMS
- Abode Acrobat Pro
- Livecycle Designer
- XML or HTML based publishing
- PDF Interactive Forms
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in technical field, preferably electronics.
- Minimum of 3 years development test or field service experience in an electrical or gas turbine environment.
- Experience in power plant data management, high power inverter technology, or gas turbine experience highly desirable.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Usual office and occasional factory working conditions.
- Travel to customer sites may be required.
Capstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities that the incumbent(s) must possess to successfully perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.